Thursday, December 4, 2008

THROUGH THE LENS OF M.KNIGHT

One of the best shooters out of San Antonio,TX peep through the lens of an artist.

(The words of Matthew Knight)

There are so many places I get inspiration. My photography comes from following lines to find shape to arrive at composition. I mean, that like many other artists, I find inspiration in many places, from the lines of a shoe to the emptiness of urban landscapes. While I do shoot digitally, I think that patience plays a huge role in my work. Waiting for the elements to come together for a good composition is key! Pressing the shutter to make the image is the last thing I do... watching and waiting come first. I first started shooting in the 5th grade. My parents got me a disc camera.... long been discontinued, but fun while I had it. From there I shot off and on until 10th grade where I began to take it more seriously. It wasn't till I was out of high school and my mother passed away that I decided I wanted to study Art, photography in particular.
As far as the galleries, have really not shown that much. A few group shows while I was in school in Italy, Afront in Houston,TX,and at Goodtimes skateshop in San Antonio, TX

For his services: matthew.knight@mac.com

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool pics Matt..i'd love to see more of your work.