Wednesday, January 28, 2009

MayHMG

Born in San Diego, raised in the Bay Area. My earliest influences began as a child in San Francisco, where my older cousins introduced me to the rich era in which they lived. It was the "Soul" and "Soulfunk" eras (remember the stuff on KSOL?)! Later, it was growing up with breakdancing, beatboxes, djs, dancing, various artists/groups (like Run DMC, Michael Jackson, Prince, and New Edition!), KMEL, MTV, freestyle (hi energy of the late 80's and early 90's), rap, and some of the greatest bay area graffiti artists, among many other less notable influences. Looking back, it can't be merely coincidence that I went to school with Chico Green who later on became a famous rapper in the bay, Spice1! Time has passed, but these things still are a part of who I am today. Though I still get nostalgic at times, I like to look forward to what's new...like HMG. That's new! Nowadays, I like to chill more often since family has become priority for me. My personal blog PieceJoy.

HMGMAY

No comments: