Wednesday, April 29, 2009

CORGISHOE INTERVIEW.

Corgi is near legendary among collectors, but more than his heat, it's his attitude that makes you say "this guy's got it!". Even if you don't call yourself a sneakerhead, this is a must read. Here's a snippet from the interview:
How do you feel about the ‘sneaker scene?’
I’m not really sure what the sneaker ‘scene’ is. I always bought what I wanted and never was one to show and tell. Very few people who know me personally know me as ‘Corgishoe’ nor would I want to walk around saying ‘hey my name is Corgishoe and I have 2000 pairs of sneakers’ and they certainly wouldn’t know I collect shoes by what shoes I wear day in day out. I think the ‘scene’ is a bit too hectic these days. Maybe people buy shoes more based on where a shoe is sold, how many are made, or how much they can resell them for or if someone who has somehow earned some message board/blog/internet ‘shoe cred’ says they are nice. People are buying shoes they might not even like and wearing them because of the reaction they will get or because they are limited. I hate when people show their collection and say ‘I don’t have much heat’. To me, every shoe you buy should be absolute heat. Why? Because, you as an individual like it. It’s your own personal preference. Why do you need anyone to co-sign your shoe choices?


No comments: