Friday, February 6, 2009

JOEYCIII 1st Blog

Hey guys... I'm just going to straight start off with how I got this year started. My girlfriend's family and I went on a cruise with the Katinas and the Godkins on January 19th. It was our first cruise and it was probably one of the best vacations I've been on just because there was 24 hours of food and dessert and the people I was with. Anyways, I was supposed to run sound for the Godkins set but Charlie (Katinas Sound Engineer) was there and of course he's a way better Engineer than me, so I just took some pictures of them with the camera I got for Sheena for Christmas... side track: I bought the camera so I could use it too... haha... j/m... but the only thing that was running through my mind was how am I going to ask Sheena to marry me?!

I was supposed to ask her parents over some dinner before the cruise, but I just could not find the right time to do it. So, I found this opportunity right before we boarded the ship... her parents and I were outside and I just flat out asked them right there if I could marry their daughter. It was really informal, but at least I got that done. There went 10% of the stress. Now to the day I proposed.

It was on January 22nd after dinner and the Katinas and I planned it out to where sang a song with them during their Katin-a-oke (It's where they are your band for a night and you are the lead singer... straight nerve racking!) but I gots to do it to make this happen. Anyways, right after I sang with them, I called her up to the stage and somehow made it through. You don't even know how nervous I was. Thank God for the Katinas cause they made it smooth and less stressful. They even sang us a song after and let us slow dance to a nice medley of love songs! And yes I did cry... I was trying to man up but dood... just that moment and music got me... I'm so grateful for the Katinas... But yes... check out the video below and some pics of that night on top... Sorry I'll learn how to organize these blogs better... till next time...















1 comment:

sarapbuhay said...

congrats Joey!!! marriage is a wonderful thing!